“These kids steal your heart right away.”
- Teresa Blackman, STF Cohorts 3 and 4
Seton Teaching Fellows—faith-filled, justice-driven, college-educated adults—have the unique opportunity to be pioneers at the forefront of this groundbreaking project to serve some of our nation’s most vulnerable children in an unprecedented way, sharing their own gifts and talents as they inspire a new generation of scholars to believe they have the capacity to be saints.
Are you ready to answer the call to love?
Fellows Application Process
1. Apply online
- Access our application here.
- You’ll enter personal information, academic history, and submit an updated resume. Don’t forget to highlight any leadership and service involvements!
- You’ll answer a short-response question explaining your commitment to our mission.
2. INITIAL interview
You’ll find out if you advance to our first round within one week of submitting your application.
- Sign up for a virtual interview (we use Zoom) with a member of our Talent Team.
- Once you sign up for an interview slot, you will receive a calendar invite that will include a link for Zoom.
- All initial interviews last 60 minutes. You’ll have the opportunity to answer questions regarding your experiences and desires grounded in our three pillars of faith, education, and community. Feel free to bring any questions you have–our team will leave time at the end to answer anything on your mind!
3. Submit references
You’ll find out if you advance to this next round within one week of your initial video interview.
Submit the names and contact information for three references. We suggest you choose one person for each of our three pillars: faith, education, and community.
4. FINAL INTERVIEW
You’ll find out if you advance to the final round of our process within one week of submitting the names of your references.
- The final interview process consists of two phases: an experiential presentation where you’ll get to dive deeper into our program and a series of tasks and interviews that will give you an opportunity to share more about your experiences and gifts.
- The second of these phases will occur over the course of a morning or afternoon (approximately 4 hours), and you’ll have a chance to submit preferences for time slots.
- Please note that final interviews occur once a month and happen in “batches” so candidates have the chance to meet each other. Our 2020-2021 final interview dates are: November 9-13, December 14-17, January 12-15, February 15-19, March 15-19, and April 26-30. Seton Teaching Fellow spots are filled on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply earlier rather than later.
5. admissions result
Within one week of your final interview, you will learn of your admissions decision.
- If accepted, you’ll receive a detailed offer letter.
- Placements are not given during the offer process.
6. Discernment conversation
You’ll be given one week to accept or decline your offer.
You’ll have the opportunity to sign up for a phone call with a member of our team, who will work with you to prayerfully consider and discern your acceptance.