“Our children steal your heart right away.”
- Teresa Blackman, STF Cohorts 3 and 4
Seton Teaching Fellows—faith-filled, justice-driven, college-educated adults—have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of a groundbreaking project to serve some of our nation’s most vulnerable children in an unprecedented way. Share your own gifts and talents to inspire a new generation of children to believe they have the capacity to be saints.
Are you ready to answer the call to love?
Fellows Application Process
1. Apply online
- Access our 2024-25 application.
- You’ll enter personal information, academic history, and submit an updated resume. Don’t forget to highlight any leadership and service experiences!
- You’ll answer a short-response question explaining your commitment to our mission.
2. INITIAL interview
You’ll find out if you advance to our first round within one week of submitting your application.
- Sign up for a virtual interview (we use Zoom) with a member of our Talent Team.
- Once you sign up for an interview slot, you will receive a calendar invite that will include a link for Zoom.
- All initial interviews last 60 minutes. You’ll have the opportunity to answer questions regarding your experiences and desires grounded in our three pillars of faith, education, and community. Feel free to bring any questions you have—our team will leave time at the end to answer anything on your mind!
3. Submit references
You’ll find out if you advance to the next round within one week of your initial video interview.
Submit the names and contact information for three references. We suggest you choose one person for each of our three pillars: faith, education, and community.
4. FINAL INTERVIEW
You’ll find out if you advance to the final round of our process within one week of your initial interview.
- The final interview process consists of three phases: Phase one includes an experiential presentation where you’ll get to dive deeper into our program. Phase two is a pre-work assignment that will give you the opportunity to discern our mission through a series of realistic challenges that you may encounter as a Seton Teaching Fellow. Phase three is a final interview that will give you an opportunity to debrief phase one and two as well as experience the layers of support our program offers in service of the growth and development of Fellows.
- The final interview will take place over Zoom with a member of our Seton Teaching Fellows team and will last approximately 45 minutes. Once you sign up for an interview slot, you will receive a calendar invite that will include a link for Zoom.
5. admissions result
Within one week of your final interview and submission of references, you will learn of your admissions decision.
- If accepted, you’ll receive a detailed offer letter.
- Placements are not given during the offer process.
6. Discernment conversation
You’ll be given one week to accept or decline your offer.
You’ll have the opportunity to sign up for a phone call with a member of our team, who will work with you to prayerfully consider and discern your acceptance.
New This Year!
We are excited to offer come-and-see opportunities for candidates and accepted Fellows to visit our schools and communities in person. You’ll have a chance to learn more about this optional opportunity during your initial interview with the Seton Teaching Fellows’ talent team. Note: travel stipends will be provided!